About Me

My photo
As I have more photos of food than I care to count, I thought why not I share my humble findings with anyone who stumbles upon this blog. Nothing fancy.....cannot afford it lah.....not with my kind of salary....sigh (hinting to my boss). Sorry about the not so professional looking photos. Cannot afford to get a better camera yet (another hint). I also like to browse online shopping sites for the fun of it. Quite interesting, you know. But.......real shopping (you know... drive to a shopping complex, fight for a parking space and jostle with the other shoppers inside the complex) is not my cup of tea, heh, heh. So....I just might add some more online shopping site links here (those that I think are interesting lah....you know..not those common ones). So, if you are like me, do keep an eye on the shopping column on your right, eh? I also like to think about and dissect quotes of famous and ordinary people. Aaand....I also like to ramble about things and people I observed everyday. By the way, anyone of you want a pet? Have a look at the sidebar (Please Help Them). These adorable animals are waiting for a loving person to adopt them. Buuut....remember, a pet is forever. No abuse.

Tuesday 29 November 2011

Restoran Ipoh Hometown, Ipoh

Our original plan was lunch at Restoran Wong Koh Kee in Ipoh old town buuut..................the place was packed to the gills and there was a horde of people waiting outside for seats even though it wasn't even 12 noon yet. So, emergency plan - change venue to Restoran Ipoh Hometown. We settled for their set lunch for 4 pax. First to arrive was the crispy skin tofu with mince meat. The tofu was crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Very tasty. Then came the fried pork ribs. Something like fried chicken. Full of flavour. Yum, yum. Next was the 'paku choy' (fern shoots, I think) in sambal belacan. A perfect blend of flavours with just the right degree of spiciness. Nice. Then, the soup arrived. There were lots of stuff in it - Chinese cabbage, carrot, seaweed, tomato, meat patties and mushroom. Good till the last drop. Finally, there was the claypot stewed fish with 'kei chi' (Chinese wolfberries) and Chinese mushrooms. Good. Can even taste the 'kei chi' in the fish which was deep fried beforehand. To round things up - dessert of red bean soup. All these plus rice for 4 persons and free flow of Chinese tea came up to only RM42.00. Yes folks, that's right - forty two ringgit only. Now that's what I call a steal, no?
Restoran Ipoh Hometown is located at Jalan Medan Ipoh 1, Bandar Baru Medan Ipoh behind Old Town Kopitiam near Tesco.

All these plus dessert, rice and free flow of Chinese tea for only RM42.00

Crispy skin tofu with mince meat

Fried pork ribs

Sambal belacan 'Paku choy'

Mix vegetables soup

Claypot stewed fish with 'kei chi' and Chinese mushrooms

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.