About Me

My photo
As I have more photos of food than I care to count, I thought why not I share my humble findings with anyone who stumbles upon this blog. Nothing fancy.....cannot afford it lah.....not with my kind of salary....sigh (hinting to my boss). Sorry about the not so professional looking photos. Cannot afford to get a better camera yet (another hint). I also like to browse online shopping sites for the fun of it. Quite interesting, you know. But.......real shopping (you know... drive to a shopping complex, fight for a parking space and jostle with the other shoppers inside the complex) is not my cup of tea, heh, heh. So....I just might add some more online shopping site links here (those that I think are interesting lah....you know..not those common ones). So, if you are like me, do keep an eye on the shopping column on your right, eh? I also like to think about and dissect quotes of famous and ordinary people. Aaand....I also like to ramble about things and people I observed everyday. By the way, anyone of you want a pet? Have a look at the sidebar (Please Help Them). These adorable animals are waiting for a loving person to adopt them. Buuut....remember, a pet is forever. No abuse.

Wednesday 16 November 2011

Gunung Lang & The Wrong Roast Duck Rice

Being a long weekend due to the Hari Raya Haji holidays, we decided to go to Gunung Lang for a look see. Huh......surprise, surprise!!! Erm....on second thoughts, I guess we shouldn't be too surprised since this is exactly what we would expect from our dear city council (prevention is better than cure : most definitely not their motto). Both boats used to ferry visitors across the lake to the park had broken down and there was no sign of the mechanic. Perhaps it was due to our great disappointment over this incident that we went into the wrong shop for lunch, heh, heh. Instead of going into Kedai Hong Kong for a lunch of roast duck rice, we walked into Restoran Sweet Home Town which is just a few doors away. Don't know how that happened??? One is air-conditioned, the other is not....... Anyway, their roast duck rice was only passable. The gravy was a bit on the salty side and so was the roast duck itself. But.....if they are less heavy handed on the salt, I believe the roast duck rice would be good. The sour vegetables (suen choy or choy kiok) was not good at all. Too bland for us. Not sour and spicy enough. Buuut......you don't have to agree with us lah.
Restoran Sweet Home Town is located in Taman Tasek Damai facing Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman (formerly known as Jalan Kuala Kangsar).

The quite salty roast duck rice

The very bland sour vegetables (suen choy or choy kiok)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.