About Me

My photo
As I have more photos of food than I care to count, I thought why not I share my humble findings with anyone who stumbles upon this blog. Nothing fancy.....cannot afford it lah.....not with my kind of salary....sigh (hinting to my boss). Sorry about the not so professional looking photos. Cannot afford to get a better camera yet (another hint). I also like to browse online shopping sites for the fun of it. Quite interesting, you know. But.......real shopping (you know... drive to a shopping complex, fight for a parking space and jostle with the other shoppers inside the complex) is not my cup of tea, heh, heh. So....I just might add some more online shopping site links here (those that I think are interesting lah....you know..not those common ones). So, if you are like me, do keep an eye on the shopping column on your right, eh? I also like to think about and dissect quotes of famous and ordinary people. Aaand....I also like to ramble about things and people I observed everyday. By the way, anyone of you want a pet? Have a look at the sidebar (Please Help Them). These adorable animals are waiting for a loving person to adopt them. Buuut....remember, a pet is forever. No abuse.

Wednesday 19 October 2011

Freshwater Prawn Noodles (Sang Har Meen), Pusing

On the recommendation of a friend of my Dad's, we decided to try out the freshwater prawn noodles (sang har meen) in Pusing, more specifically, the one from Ming Feong Restaurant. Went there for lunch one Sunday. The place was packed but we were lucky some customers just vacated a table when we arrived. We ordered 'sang har meen' for 4 pax, a bowl of 'sui kau' (6 pieces) and an order of the curiously named 'kau chai ngap' to 'ta pau' (takeaway). The 'sang har meen' was quite good. The soup was full of flavour (a bit salty for me, though) and very 'prawn-y'. The prawns were quite big and fresh while the noodles, erm....while springy in the begining, turned a little soggy towards the end. The 'sui kau', however, was nothing special - can get the same anywhere.
Now, what in the world is 'kau chai ngap' (direct translation : puppy duck). Be assured there was no puppy in this dish, only duck. It's a delicious dish in which duck and old ginger were stewed with herbs and spices in a claypot of dark gravy and garnished with loads of spring onions. Very fragrant and the meat was not chewy at all. Nice. I thought I could taste yam in the gravy but I can't be sure lor because nobody else tasted it (something wrong with my tongue???)
Ming Feong Restaurant is situated at the Main Road in Pusing.

The very ordinary 'Sui Kau'
The star attraction : Sang Har Meen
The interior of the shop
The strangely named 'Kau Chai Ngap' (this is half a duck)

After strolling around Pusing town, we decided to buy some nyonya kuih to take back home with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.