About Me

My photo
As I have more photos of food than I care to count, I thought why not I share my humble findings with anyone who stumbles upon this blog. Nothing fancy.....cannot afford it lah.....not with my kind of salary....sigh (hinting to my boss). Sorry about the not so professional looking photos. Cannot afford to get a better camera yet (another hint). I also like to browse online shopping sites for the fun of it. Quite interesting, you know. But.......real shopping (you know... drive to a shopping complex, fight for a parking space and jostle with the other shoppers inside the complex) is not my cup of tea, heh, heh. So....I just might add some more online shopping site links here (those that I think are interesting lah....you know..not those common ones). So, if you are like me, do keep an eye on the shopping column on your right, eh? I also like to think about and dissect quotes of famous and ordinary people. Aaand....I also like to ramble about things and people I observed everyday. By the way, anyone of you want a pet? Have a look at the sidebar (Please Help Them). These adorable animals are waiting for a loving person to adopt them. Buuut....remember, a pet is forever. No abuse.

Sunday 30 October 2011

Kedai Kopi Nam Chau, Ipoh

Last weekend, we decided to check out Kedai Kopi Nam Chau in Ipoh Old Town. Sis and I went for their famous curry noodles while Dad settled for the noodle soup and Mum chosed the chicken koay teow soup (kai see hor fun).
Both sis and I were very pleased with our orders. Mine is the soup version and it was fantastic. Full of flavour, very fragrant and the level of spiciness adjusted to suit my taste (I really hate it when the level of spiciness in my food is not up to my standard). Comes with shreds of chicken, char siew and prawns. Got the óomph factor. Sis was equally pleased with her dry version of the curry noodles. "Amazing taste," she enthused. The curry was just thick enough to stick to the noodles but not too thick as to be gluey - something which really puts her off. Dad's noodle soup is equally good. The soup is very flavourful, he said. Also comes with slices of char siew, prawns and shreds of chicken. Mum was quite satisfied with her chicken koay teow soup. She said the soup is "ching thim" (sorry, don't know how to translate this - err.......direct translation : clear and sweet). Comes with shreds of chicken, slices of prawns and 'kau choy'.
Kedai Kopi Nam Chau is located at Jalan Bandar Timah in Ipoh Old Town.
We'll be back, heh, heh, heh, heh!!!!!!!!!

The famous Nam Chau curry noodles - the star of the place

The "supporting cast"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.