About Me

My photo
As I have more photos of food than I care to count, I thought why not I share my humble findings with anyone who stumbles upon this blog. Nothing fancy.....cannot afford it lah.....not with my kind of salary....sigh (hinting to my boss). Sorry about the not so professional looking photos. Cannot afford to get a better camera yet (another hint). I also like to browse online shopping sites for the fun of it. Quite interesting, you know. But.......real shopping (you know... drive to a shopping complex, fight for a parking space and jostle with the other shoppers inside the complex) is not my cup of tea, heh, heh. So....I just might add some more online shopping site links here (those that I think are interesting lah....you know..not those common ones). So, if you are like me, do keep an eye on the shopping column on your right, eh? I also like to think about and dissect quotes of famous and ordinary people. Aaand....I also like to ramble about things and people I observed everyday. By the way, anyone of you want a pet? Have a look at the sidebar (Please Help Them). These adorable animals are waiting for a loving person to adopt them. Buuut....remember, a pet is forever. No abuse.

Saturday 22 October 2011

Kedai Kopi Keng Nam, Ipoh

After a lapse of a couple of years. we went back to check out Kedai Kopi Keng Nam, Ipoh. My curry mee was a disappointment - not as good as it used to be. I can taste the curry powder they used to cook the curry even though I ordered the dry version. And I don't remember it being watery before. So....I was quite put off by this. Dad's order of the Penang prawn mee was a good choice. Quite authentic - as close as one can get to the original Penang version, Dad said. The soup is very 'prawn-y' and fragrant. Comes with all the required kangkong, pieces of meat and slices of prawns. The portion was very small, leh. Dad had to order the pulut kaya to add on. The kaya in this dish was too sweet for us lor, but very smooth. Would be perfect if it wasn't that sweet ...........maybe we just don't have a sweet tooth?????? The chee cheong fun, erm......while tasty, was much too spicy for Mum and sis. Both the chicken curry version and the pork skin curry version were equally good if not too spicy. The pieces of chicken were soft and tender while the pork skin was springy. The yam cake was nothing special though.
Kedai Kopi Keng Nam is situated at Jalan Raja Ekram near the Tower Regency Hotel, Ipoh.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.