About Me

My photo
As I have more photos of food than I care to count, I thought why not I share my humble findings with anyone who stumbles upon this blog. Nothing fancy.....cannot afford it lah.....not with my kind of salary....sigh (hinting to my boss). Sorry about the not so professional looking photos. Cannot afford to get a better camera yet (another hint). I also like to browse online shopping sites for the fun of it. Quite interesting, you know. But.......real shopping (you know... drive to a shopping complex, fight for a parking space and jostle with the other shoppers inside the complex) is not my cup of tea, heh, heh. So....I just might add some more online shopping site links here (those that I think are interesting lah....you know..not those common ones). So, if you are like me, do keep an eye on the shopping column on your right, eh? I also like to think about and dissect quotes of famous and ordinary people. Aaand....I also like to ramble about things and people I observed everyday. By the way, anyone of you want a pet? Have a look at the sidebar (Please Help Them). These adorable animals are waiting for a loving person to adopt them. Buuut....remember, a pet is forever. No abuse.

Tuesday 19 June 2012

Cafe Ray Of Hope, Ipoh

After reading about this cafe run by a charity organisation which provides training for people with learning disabilities, we decided to check it out one day. We were given a warm welcome the moment we stepped foot inside the cafe. Most of the front liners are special people and they are very polite and cheerful. The way they take their responsibilities seriously can easily put the rest of us to shame. Those in the service industry could learn a thing or two from them, I'd say. Now, for the most important part; the food. On that day, we ordered Thai Fried Rice, Cantonese Fried Koay Teow (which is actually Wat Tan Hor) and Hong Kong Fried Toong Fun (glass noodles). All were given the thumbs up by us. They don't scrimp on ingredients here obviously. A special mention is given to their apple juice and mix fruit drink (made up of carrot, apple and lemon juices) which are simply great. Deserving a special mention also are their pandan layered cake and cheese tart. The cake is light, fluffy, creamy and best of all, not sweet. Nice. The cheese tart is very creamy and cheesy. Ho chiak. I can easily eat half a dozen of this in one sitting, heh, heh. On my second visit with a colleague, I tried the Claypot Low Shi Fun. Tasty with lots of crunchy vegetables. I am thinking of trying either the fried wan tan noodles (a friend said it was good) or the fried mee sua on my next visit.
Cafe Ray Of Hope is a corner lot located at Persiaran Bercham Selatan 31, Taman Sri Kurau, Ipoh.

Hong Kong Fried Toong Fun

Cantonese Fried Koay Teow (Wat Tan Hor)

Thai Fried Rice

Simply delicious

I agree
Pamphlet taken from the cafe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.