About Me

My photo
As I have more photos of food than I care to count, I thought why not I share my humble findings with anyone who stumbles upon this blog. Nothing fancy.....cannot afford it lah.....not with my kind of salary....sigh (hinting to my boss). Sorry about the not so professional looking photos. Cannot afford to get a better camera yet (another hint). I also like to browse online shopping sites for the fun of it. Quite interesting, you know. But.......real shopping (you know... drive to a shopping complex, fight for a parking space and jostle with the other shoppers inside the complex) is not my cup of tea, heh, heh. So....I just might add some more online shopping site links here (those that I think are interesting lah....you know..not those common ones). So, if you are like me, do keep an eye on the shopping column on your right, eh? I also like to think about and dissect quotes of famous and ordinary people. Aaand....I also like to ramble about things and people I observed everyday. By the way, anyone of you want a pet? Have a look at the sidebar (Please Help Them). These adorable animals are waiting for a loving person to adopt them. Buuut....remember, a pet is forever. No abuse.

Saturday 15 October 2011

MP Restaurant, Ipoh

Dad treated us to a 2 in 1 steamboat and BBQ dinner last Saturday. We decided on MP Restaurant in Greentown, Ipoh. They have 3 types of soup choices for the steamboat - chicken, herbal or tomyam. We chosed the tomyam soup and after dunking so many seafood, meat and vegetables in it, the soup was absolutely delicious. The buffet spread was quite extensive. There's a wide selection of seafood and meat (all prepared differently for BBQ and steamboat), various vegetables and yong tau foo for the steamboat, a small selection of sushi, dessert, fruits and salad plus standard buffet offerings like fried noodles, fried rice, soup, roast duck, steamed chicken, sausages, vegetables, french fries, mash potato (DIY), etc, and of course, drinks. The seafood being offered was fresh although we had no idea how long we should cook some of them, so......... trail and error, lor. Some turned out fine while others.......aaaargh..... turned disastrous. Heh, heh, that's what happens when one has never done a day of cooking in his/her life but........there were some seafood that we have never before cooked at home, so............ Oh yes, the restaurant also provided a herbal drink for anyone who might want it.........you know, all those BBQed food. First time we've come across such thing (maybe we are 'katak di bawah tempurung', heehee). By the way, senior citizens (those above 60 years of age) are entitled to a discount, so can bring your parents or grandparents.
MP Restaurant is located at 12A, Jalan Chin Choon Sam, Greentown, Ipoh.

The interior of the restaurant
Inside those aluminium packets are (clockwise) clams, prawns,  fish fillet and fish

A small part of the buffet spread on offer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.