About Me

My photo
As I have more photos of food than I care to count, I thought why not I share my humble findings with anyone who stumbles upon this blog. Nothing fancy.....cannot afford it lah.....not with my kind of salary....sigh (hinting to my boss). Sorry about the not so professional looking photos. Cannot afford to get a better camera yet (another hint). I also like to browse online shopping sites for the fun of it. Quite interesting, you know. But.......real shopping (you know... drive to a shopping complex, fight for a parking space and jostle with the other shoppers inside the complex) is not my cup of tea, heh, heh. So....I just might add some more online shopping site links here (those that I think are interesting lah....you know..not those common ones). So, if you are like me, do keep an eye on the shopping column on your right, eh? I also like to think about and dissect quotes of famous and ordinary people. Aaand....I also like to ramble about things and people I observed everyday. By the way, anyone of you want a pet? Have a look at the sidebar (Please Help Them). These adorable animals are waiting for a loving person to adopt them. Buuut....remember, a pet is forever. No abuse.

Sunday 8 July 2012

Gua Tempurung and Char Koay Teow, Chinatown, Kuala Lumpur

On a recent trip to Kuala Lumpur, we stopped by at Gua Tempurung to check out the place. On first sight, the area was OK but when we reached the ticket counter, we were surprised to find it closed. It was already 9.30 a.m. and there, written very clearly on the signboard, was a notice telling all and sundry that the place is supposed to open at 9.00 a.m. After 10 minutes, another place opened and surprise, surprise..........they were selling tickets from there. Anyway, after purchasing our tickets, we were told to wait for the ranger to take us into the cave. After 10 minutes of waiting, we were finally told to follow another ranger who was taking a huge group of people who were taking the whole tour (yup, the one where you have to squeeze in and out and between small cracks and get thoroughly wet). As our group has aged members, we took the easy tour ie part way only. So, we were left to our own devices while the ranger was very much far ahead with his group. What impression this will give to tourists, I don't know. But, the place is beautiful. This, nobody can deny. Only the service is somewhat lacking............as usual.





Anyway, as it was almost time for lunch when we reached Kuala Lumpur, we decided to stop for lunch in Chinatown (yup, I know, Chinatown again) before proceeding to our hotel. Having decided on Tang City Food Court at Jalan Hang Lekir, we set about ordering our lunch. Koon Kee Wantan Noodles and Penang Char Koay Teow. The char koay teow arrived in a jiffy. They are willing to fry the noodles with chilli, so, they are in my good books already. That aside, the char koay teow was yum, yum. Very tasty and flavourful. Enough 'wok hei', you know, and not too dry. Could easily eat another plate if my tummy wasn't full already, heh, heh.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.